The annual CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, honoring the top restaurant and bar talent in Houston, will take place on April 2 from 7-10 pm at Silver Street Studios.
This year’s categories are: Restaurant of the Year, Chef of the Year, Bar of the Year, Rising Star Chef of the Year, Pastry Chef of the Year, Neighborhood Restaurant of the Year, Bartender of the Year, Wine Program of the Year, Brewery of the Year, Best Pizza, and Best New Restaurant.
Chef Austin has been nominated for the 2020 CultureMap Tastemaker Chef of the Year Award for the second year in a row, along with:
- Bobby Matos – State of Grace/La Lucha
- Drake Leonards – Eunice
- Jason Vaughn – Nancy’s Hustle
- Jonny Rhodes – Indigo
- Justin Yu – Theodore Rex/Better Luck Tomorrow/Penny Quarter
- Kaiser Lashkari – Himalaya
- Martin Stayer – Nobie’s/The Toasted Coconut/Quiote
- Mike Tran – Tiger Den/Ohn Korean/Night Market/Ishin Udon/Mein/Toukei Izakaya
- Ryan Lachaine – Riel
To see all nominees in 11 categories, event & ticket information, visit houston.culturemaptastemakers.com